Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Vlog| Fear and Free Makeup

Fear is the number one preventer of people reaching their goals and dreams next to procrastination. It holds us with chains and crumples us to the ground when all we want to do is spread our wings. How can we stop fear when it is near impossible to conquer? We breathe, take a step forward with our eyes straight ahead and remember only what we want our future to hold for us. 

Fear took years of my life away and had me struggling between literally life, death, past and future but what I was missing and what my strength should have been if I hadn't ignored it for so long was the fact I hadn't thought of my present. I stopped, I breathed and I took a step forward and thought of today. And so I thought of nothing else: What did I want to do right then and there?

I wanted to start a youtube channel where I can be myself, do the things I love and help people in the process. I did with my first video ever "How to Wash your Makeup Brushes." It has been the best journey of my life. Before I was going no where, felt useless and like nothing was ever going to go anywhere. 
I stopped letting fear have me. And you can too.

---

So after beating my fear all I had to do was get what I needed for my channel. Sure I had a few things here and there I could use but I was stumped. So much at once. I wanted more to do more and to get the inspiration my mind craved. What better way to make a beauty channel than makeup but it can get so expensive with just one product.

That's why I looked for the promotions. At every store there are always some kind of promotion, (half off, buy one get one free, etc) but at some there are different kinds of promotion such as: Buy anything from (this brand) for (this much) and you can get two - three items free! Ironically most of the time these are going on at Ulta and Sephora, the bigger brand store where buying just one item would equal the equalivent cost so it shouldn't be too hard. However! You get sample sizes of expensive brands to test, video and submit! There is just two videos alone! A haul and a review.

I've been doing this for a while and am loving it, free samples that last way longer than expected. For example:

I bought a Calvein Klein Concealer for however much and I got a makeup bag and a sample sized Calvein Klein foundation that I had never tried. The bottle was so tiny it barely was the size of my little hands but the foundation lasted for a good four weeks!

Practically free products with just keeping my eyes open! That's just the beginning of pushing your fear to the side!

It all starts with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment